Pick Up Some Trash to Pick Up Some Cash Safety Tips
- Hold a “tailgate” safety meeting with your group to review these Safety Tips
- Wear protective clothing such as gloves, thick-soled boots or shoes and a hat. (NO SANDLES OR FLIP FLOPS)
- We do not like spiders and snakes either. Treat brushy areas and culverts as hiding places for these critters. Inspect large items carefully.
- DO NOT TOUCH: Illegal Dump sites, Medical Waste, Equipment in area, or Animals
- Cross the street at traffic lights or cross walks. Remind participants to look both ways before crossing. DO NOT CLEAN IN THE ROADWAY AND STAY 25 FEET AWAY FROM RAILROAD CROSSING.
LOOP 250 FRONTAGE ROAD CLEAN UPS:
- ALL VOLUNTEERS INCLUDING CHILDREN SHOULD WEAR A SAFETY VEST AT ALL TIMES! NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!
- ALL CHILDREN MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT AT ALL TIMES
- CHILDREN SHOULD CLEAN THE SERVICE ROAD ONLY
- NO PERSON SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO CLEAN THE MEDIAN ON LOOP 250 (PER Texas Department of Transportation guidelines)