Trash 4 Cash
Does your Non-profit group want to earn some cash for your cause or an upcoming event? Keep Midland Beautiful offers the "Trash 4 Cash" program, where group can earn up to $500.00 per cleanup and a total of $3,000.00 per year!
Organize a Cleanup
- *****Complete the Trash 4 Cash Participation Form at least ONE week in advance to request supplies needed.
- We will confirm your request and pick-up time within 48 business hours, and we will pick your location.
- Pick-ups and drop-offs are available Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Pick-up and drop off the supplies at the Keep Midland Beautiful office within a week after your cleanup.
- Report to us the numbers from your cleanup by completing and returning your Cleanup form.
- Send us your Before, After, and Group photos.
Click on the links below complete the program registration form.
The goal of the "Trash 4 Cash" program is to have a cleaner Midland. Please work towards a goal of 1 bag per person per hour as a normal amount for a paid cleanup like the one you are about to do. Your group gets paid $7.50 per hour per person.
- All participants making $7.50/hr must be at least 8 years old
- The Maximum amount per cleanup is $500.00.
For example, if 20 people clean for 3 hours each at $7.50 per person that would equal $450. If you are trying to reach your goal of $500 per cleanup, the more people you have, the more ground you cover, and the fewer hours you have to work.
If you completely clean your area before you finish earning the funds you seek, please continue to clean the area around your assigned space that needs attention. GROUPS WILL BE MONITORED PERIODICALLY FOR ACCURACY!
- This program is specifically for non-profit organizations. NO SUBGROUPS ALLOWED. This means only one group can use one tax id number each year for 6 cleanups. For example the XYZ group with a tax id. number 12-3456789 can only do 6 clean-ups each year. We will not allow XYZ group #1, XYZ group #2, and XYZ group #3 with the same tax id. number do 6 separate cleanups.
- KMB will choose the Trash 4 Cash location based on our list of critical needs.
- Please give us advanced notice (7 days) of your cleanup so we may prepare supplies for your group.
- Take a picture with your phone that identifies the area you are cleaning (a sign, etc.), take a before and after picture, take a picture of your group cleaning and take a picture of bags after the pickup. We only need 5 pictures from your cleanup! Email them to the following email address:
- NOTE: if no pictures are taken to confirm clean up you will not be paid.
- Please return all gloves, unused bags, and vests to KMB the next workday. KMB will use the unused materials and wash the gloves for reuse. KMB will need all supplies to be returned before your group will be issued a check.
- KMB needs to know how many bags of litter you collected, the number of hours you spent cleaning the area, and the total number of volunteers in your group.
- Hold a “tailgate” safety meeting with your group to review these Safety Tips
- Wear protective clothing such as gloves, thick-soled boots or shoes, and a hat. (NO SANDLES OR FLIP FLOPS)
- We do not like spiders and snakes either. Treat brushy areas and culverts as hiding places for these critters. Inspect large items carefully.
- DO NOT TOUCH: Illegal Dumpsites, Medical Waste, Equipment in area, or Animals
- Cross the street at traffic lights or crosswalks. Remind participants to look both ways before crossing.
- DO NOT CLEAN IN THE ROADWAY AND STAY 25 FEET AWAY FROM RAILROAD CROSSING.
LOOP 250 FRONTAGE ROAD CLEAN UPS:
- ALL VOLUNTEERS INCLUDING CHILDREN SHOULD WEAR A SAFETY VEST AT ALL TIMES! NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!
- ALL CHILDREN MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT AT ALL TIMES
- CHILDREN SHOULD CLEAN THE SERVICE ROAD ONLY
- NO PERSON SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO CLEAN THE MEDIAN ON LOOP 250 (PER Texas Department of Transportation guidelines)